Wednesday, February 18, 2009

6 v 6


For today's lesson, I was the last one to go, so I had to put all the previous skills all together. Even though class time had run out there were still some of my classmates willing to stay and help me out and act as my students for the day. There were enough of them to play a 6 v 6 game of ultimate frisbee. When I went back and listened to my teaching I noticed that I said "you guys" a lot during the lesson. That is one thing I really need to work on when I am teaching, it is a habit to say that but when I am in a classroom setting it would sound sexist to just keeps saying that. I also need to work on finishing sentences, I seemed to have a lot of incomplete sentences when I talk, if I were to complete them I would not have to repeat myself for clarity. These are just minor things that I can work on, and they will allow my performance as a teacher that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment